Is your hair a 2? Do you spend your mornings wishing it was a 10? Don’t worry, I’m here to save you. Without the proper tools, you won’t get the proper results. Here’s what you need:
- Blow dryer with a nozzle
- Round brush
- Styling products
Follow these steps for success:
1. I towel dried my hair and added one of the most important parts of a blowout: styling products. I used Kevin Murphy Bodyguard first to help my hair dry faster. To get a smooth, full style, I added Kevin Murphy Full Again.
2. Rough dry your hair until it’s about 70% dry before you begin round brushing to get rid of excess moisture. Moisture equals frizz. Frizz does not equal a quality blow out.
3. Separate your hair into a top and bottom layer. The bottom layer should be about 2 inches.
4. Grab individual sections about 2 inches wide to begin round brushing.
5. Always start at the roots. Get them completely dry. Rememeber moisture equals frizz! Make sure to use tension when blow drying and aim the nozzle down to get the hair straight and sleek.
6. From the roots, move the dryer and brush together to the ends. Repeat this motion until the hair is completely dry. Take the next 2 inch section and continue until the whole bottom layer is dry. Don’t forget to keep the nozzle down and use tension.
STEF TIP: frizz prevents your blowout from lasting
7. Rotate the brush at the ends of the hair to smooth them.
8. I like to use the temple to temple technique to create my top layer. Use them as a guide to section around your head. Kind of like drawing an eye level halo around your head with your finger. Round brush this layer the same way as you did the bottom using 2 inch sections.
9. The first secret to amazing bangs: keep your part.
10. The second secret: over direct. Round brush your hair in opposite direction of how you wear it. Flip them back to the other side and boom- a perfect 10.