Confession: this has been the reason for being uncool countless times.
And then blow out bars appeared. They taught the world that it was possible to have perfect, fresh out of the salon hair more than once every 6-8 weeks…and they would even do it for you.
Looks like your Friday night just got very cool.
Schedule your blow out by booking online or by calling the salon at 503.364.0640
Meet Sonja John. Goofball. Lipgloss addict. Skin science extraordinaire. Don’t let her bubbly personality fool you. Under that blonde hair and behind that electric smile is a biting sarcasm. She loves to banter with those she loves. And believe us, you’ll become part of her family in no time.
She’s a jack of all trades and finds the most joy in doing a million different things in one day. Facial in the morning, hair removal in the afternoon and acne treatment to finish the day off.
Sonja graduated with a degree in Health Education from Western Oregon University in 1999. In 2006 she graduated from the Euro Institute of Skincare in Beaverton. Since then she was worked primarily in medical spas and alongside plastic surgeons. Sonja is currently our licensed Esthetician at Salon Mecca, providing services in waxing, laser treatments, and esthetics.
What’s she most excited about at the moment. Our new Sciton laser!
“It’s rated the best in the business. I have a doctor overseeing it. I’ve been using this laser for the last three years. I’ve been trained by doctors. This is a legitimate medical treatment and I can’t wait to introduce it to my clients!”
Hair removal, brown spots, redness and rosacea are just a few of the treatments available with this laser.
Keep an eye out this month for tutorials and specials with Sonja this month. And don’t forget to book a complimentary laser consult with this beauty!
Is your hair a 2? Do you spend your mornings wishing it was a 10? Don’t worry, I’m here to save you. Without the proper tools, you won’t get the proper results. Here’s what you need:
- Blow dryer with a nozzle
- Round brush
- Styling products
Follow these steps for success:
1. I towel dried my hair and added one of the most important parts of a blowout: styling products. I used Kevin Murphy Bodyguard first to help my hair dry faster. To get a smooth, full style, I added Kevin Murphy Full Again.
2. Rough dry your hair until it’s about 70% dry before you begin round brushing to get rid of excess moisture. Moisture equals frizz. Frizz does not equal a quality blow out.
3. Separate your hair into a top and bottom layer. The bottom layer should be about 2 inches.
4. Grab individual sections about 2 inches wide to begin round brushing.
5. Always start at the roots. Get them completely dry. Rememeber moisture equals frizz! Make sure to use tension when blow drying and aim the nozzle down to get the hair straight and sleek.
6. From the roots, move the dryer and brush together to the ends. Repeat this motion until the hair is completely dry. Take the next 2 inch section and continue until the whole bottom layer is dry. Don’t forget to keep the nozzle down and use tension.
STEF TIP: frizz prevents your blowout from lasting
7. Rotate the brush at the ends of the hair to smooth them.
8. I like to use the temple to temple technique to create my top layer. Use them as a guide to section around your head. Kind of like drawing an eye level halo around your head with your finger. Round brush this layer the same way as you did the bottom using 2 inch sections.
9. The first secret to amazing bangs: keep your part.
10. The second secret: over direct. Round brush your hair in opposite direction of how you wear it. Flip them back to the other side and boom- a perfect 10.
Do you ever stare at those skincare products in your bathroom wondering if you are using them correctly? Is there a proper order? Should I use something different morning and night? Do I really need all of these?
Wonder no more. Salon Mecca’s esthetician Sonja John has the answer to your nagging questions:
2. Tone (if applicable)
4. Facial lotion/cream
5. Sunscreen (always goes on right before makeup)
2. Tone (if applicable)
4. Facial lotion/cream (if needed)
- Masks and facial scrubs can be used once a week
- Prescription products such as Retin-A and skin lighteners generally go on the skin right after a toner
For a personalized skincare regime, book a complimentary consult and I can help design a regimen just for you!
We are so excited to be a part of Mary Lou Zeek Gallery’s Door Show this month! We are honored to be one of 15 businesses participating in this contemporary art show. Make sure you stop by to see John VanDreal’s work displayed at our front desk before it’s gone on the 31st! @zeekgallery #love #instagood #photooftheday #beautiful #pretty #amazing #model #doubletap #style #zeekgallery #art #beauty #hair #salonmecca #downtown #oregon #salem #woman #artist #stunning #doorshowopening2013 #painting #nofilter #gallery (at Salon Mecca)